Modular flexographic printing machine
For many years Horstmann Maschinenbau GmbH in Heek has been successful as a manufacturer of storage and handling systems for cylinders and sleeves. To date, the company has also developed and produced many machines and systems to specific customer requirements. In this context its main focus is on machines for the processing of sheet materials. These include laminating systems, silicone coating systems, printing mechanisms, draw units and other components. Based on this experience and the developments already implemented in the printing mechanism area, Horstmann Maschinenbau developed a modular flexoprint mechanism for universal use. Based on a primary module, the printing mechanism can be used for many applications. In addition to the mechanics, the drive and control technology is also of modular construction. This allows the printing mechanisms to be set up individually for various applications and materials to be printed without the need for constructional changes and adjustments. The printing mechanisms can be arranged inline or as an ancillary in stack or series construction. Two printing mechanisms in a mirroring arrangement with a common counter-pressure cylinder is also possible.
The most important features are:
- Plate cylinder and anilox roll in sleeve technology with individual drives
- Cylinder axle made of carbon fibre or steel
- Chambered doctor blade system with automatic cleaning
- Preparation for automatic register setting
- Print pressure setting and insetter function
- Modular printing mechanism construction
- Integrated mechanism for sleeve handling for printing widths upward of 1250 m
- Solid, stable and vibration dampening mechanism
The printing mechanisms have been designed in three sizes for water, solvents and UV ink in the format range from 330 mm to 2100 mm and printing widths from 800 mm to 2500 mm for speeds of up to 600 m/min.
You can obtain further information on our exhibition stand 573 - Hall A6 at the ICE Europe 2013 or directly from Horstmann Maschinenbau GmbH.